Job 28:28, Psalm 111:10 – Wisdom is the fear of The Lord
- Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom – don’t lie to yourself
- A teacher who is wise will make you think, he won’t give you everything.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievement
- Wisdom requires control of your emotions and passions
- Socrates – wisdom begins in wonders
- It is not what you look at that matters but what you see.
How do you measure wisdom?
- Self knowledge, a wise person knows who they are
- Sincere and direct person
- Others ask wise people for advice
- Actions are consistent with their ethical beliefs – not double minded
“God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found…
And this is what he says to all humanity: ‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’” (Job 28:23, 28 NLT)
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. (James 1:5 NLT)
Wisdom is NOT
- Customs – this is the way we/my people do things – True wisdom must show reverence to God and show respect for people
- Following rules – Matthew 23v23 – it is acting in the Spirit of the commandment with understanding
God wants you to succeed spiritually, financially, physically, mentally, socially and in your family
- You will need wisdom to succeed
- An over emphasis in one area will affect the others
The prudent understand where they are going, but fools deceive themselves. (Proverbs 14:8 NLT)
24,385 total views, 0 views today