Day One – Monday, 27th October 2014 – Prayers of Thanksgiving
i. Thank God for another season of The Lord Reigns (Psalm 100:1-5)
ii. Thank God for His continuous wonders in our annual The Lord Reigns programmes since 2009 (Psalm 105:5).
iii. Thank God for His glory and power (Psalms 95:1-6)
iv. Praise God for this year of Great Abundance and The Overflow (Ephesians 3:20; Psalm 23:5).
v. Thank God for His awesomeness, kindness and faithfulness (Psalm 47:2)
vi. Thank God for sustenance and provision (Isaiah 43:19).
vii. Praise God ahead for what He will do in this year’s The Lord Reigns (Psalm 16:11)
Day Two, Tuesday 28th October – Prayers of Repentance and Mercy
Psalm 102:13 “You will arise and have mercy on Zion; For the time to favour her, Yes, the set time, has come.”
1 Chronicles 16:34 “Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”
Micah 7:18 “Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy.”
Ephesians 2:4 “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,”
1. Thank God for His mercies that endures forever (1 Chron. 16:34).
2. Thank God for His redemptive grace bestowed towards you.
3. Thank God for His mercy that is renewed upon us every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).
4. Pray that every yoke of sin over your life be broken in Jesus’ name.
5. Pray that God will make you a worthy vessel for His use (2 Tim. 2:20-22)
6. Pray that God will cleanse you with the Blood of Jesus Christ (Psalm 51:1-12).
7. Pray that God will give to you a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26)
Day Three, Wednesday 29th October – Prayers for the City and Nation
2 Chron. 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
1 Tim 2:1-2 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.”
Habakkuk 2:14 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”
Proverbs 22:28 “Do not remove the ancient landmark which your fathers have set.”
Psalm 121:4 “Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”
Psalm 122:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.”
1. Thank God for all that He has been to us in our City/Nation (Psalm 127:1).
2. Pray for the UK, The Queen, Prime Minister, the cabinet of ministers, the MPs, The Mayor of our City and all executives and legislators at all levels of government (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
3. Pray for peace and righteousness to prevail. Declare that, The Lord will establish righteousness in the hearts of our leaders (Prov. 29:2).
4. Pray that God will defend our leaders. Declare that, God will grant them wisdom to lead in line with the will of God. (Psalm 20:1).
5. Pray for the peace of the nation and city that God will protect and prosper her (Psalm 121:4; Psalm 122:6)
6. Pray that the glory of the Lord will fill our City/Nation as the waters cover the sea (Hab. 2:14). Pray against the increasing antichrist spirit in the land.
7. Pray for a spiritual revival to sweep across our city and the entire nation. (Hab. 3:2; Prov. 22:28)
Day Four – 30th October 2014 – Prayers for The Church
Matt. 6:10 “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
2 Cor. 3:18 “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
Matt.16:18 “And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
Isaiah 2:2” Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the Lord’s house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it.”
Haggai 2:9 “The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts.”
1. Thank God for the faithfulness of God towards The Church (Matt. 16:18).
2. Pray for divine enablement for the will of God to be perfected in The Church (Matt. 6:10).
3. Pray for God’s glory to be revealed in The Church (2 Cor. 3:18).
4. Pray that God will establish His church and let His glory go forth to the whole world (Habakkuk 2:14)
5. Pray that God will restore all those that have been led astray (Phil. 1:20-21).
6. Pray that the church be positioned to be salt and light indeed (Matt. 5:13-16).
7. Pray for great grace and power to be released to the church for witnessing (Acts 4:33).
Day Five, Friday 31st October 2014 – Prayers for Church Leadership
Psalm 65:4 “Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approach You, That he may dwell in Your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Of Your holy temple.”
Prov. 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
Psalm 125:2 “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.”
Matthew 9:37-38 “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.”
1. Thank God for His grace and sustenance of the leadership and entire workforce of the church. Ask for God’s protection on their families (Psalm 125:2).
2. Pray that God will contend with all those contending with the leadership and their families (Isaiah 49:24-26).
3. Pray for the pastorate that God will empower them the more to be able to cope with their ministerial assignments (Acts 10:38).
4. Pray that God will continue to raise hardworking, loyal and faithful labourers and leaders in the church (Matt. 9:37-38).
5. Pray that God will use the leadership to provide vision and direction for the church (Prov. 29:18). Pray that all serving will remain focused with the vision of the church.
6. Pray that none will bring shame to God or the church. Pray that they will bring honour to His name as they represent Him (1 Pet. 1:16).
7. Pray against the spirit of disunity and division. Decree that they shall work together in genuine love and unity (1 John 4:7-8; Amos 3:3).
Day Six: 1st November 2014 – Fresh Oil
Psalm 92:10 “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.”
Matthew 7:11 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”
Isaiah 44:3 “For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, and floods on th…e dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring”
Luke 3:16 “John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
Mark 16:17 “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;”
1. Begin by thanking God for the Holy Spirit.
2. Lord, release your fresh oil upon us again for your service (Psalm 92:10)
3. Lord, continue to ignite your fire on our pulpits. Grant unto your servants boldness to preach the fullness of the gospel (2Tim 4:1-5; Lev. 6:12-13).
4. Pray for more thirst and hunger for God (Is. 44:3).
5. Pray that as many that desire His touch will receive a fresh encounter during this season in Jesus’ name.
6. Pray that God will empower the Church to begin to operate in the supernatural once again in Jesus’ name (Mark 16:17).
7. Father, like the Day of Pentecost visit us again (Acts 2:1-4).
Day Seven: Sunday 2nd November 2014 – Sustaining the Fire on the Altar
Lev. 6:13 “A fire shall always be burning on the altar; it shall never go out.”
Psalm 50:15 “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”
Obadiah 17-18 “But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, And there shall be holiness; The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. 18 The house of Jacob shall… be a fire, And the house of Joseph a flame; ….”
Zechariah 2:5 “And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will be its glory within.”
1. Thank God for the release of His Spirit upon the Church at the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4).
2. Pray that the Holy Spirit will usher in a fresh wave of revival in the Church (Hab. 3:2).
3. Pray for deliverance for all afflicted by the enemy (Psalm 50:15; Obadiah 17-18).
4. Pray that the fire of God will be kept burning in the altar of our churches (Lev. 6:13)
5. Pray that God will build a wall of fire round about His altar (Zechariah 2:5).
6. Pray that His Fire will put off every manifestation of the flesh in His altar.
7. Thank God for a continuous supply of all resources needed (financially, human and spiritually) for the next level of the church (Haggai 2:9).
Day Eight: Monday 3rd November 2014 – The Great Commission
Romans 10:1 “Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.”
Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
Psalm 2:8 “Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth …for Your possession.”
Acts 8:8 “And there was great joy in that city.”
1. Give God thanks for it is His desire that all men be saved (Romans 10:1; 1 Timothy 2:1-4).
2. Pray that every veil covering the glorious light of the gospel be destroyed.
3. Pray that the Church be supernaturally equipped to carry out The Great Commission (Matt. 28:19). Let there be rejoicing as we embark on this.
4. Pray that the light of God would shine out of darkness into the hearts of unsaved souls in our City and Nation (2 Corinthians 4:5).
5. Pray that the God of harvest will send forth labourers into the field (Matthew 9:37-38).
6. Pray that the efforts of the Church in evangelism would lead to a tremendous growth and increase of His kingdom.
7. Decree that the kingdom of darkness be depopulated and that of The Most High be populated (Psalm 2:8).
Day Nine Prayers: 4th November 2014: Prayers for Our Local Community
Proverbs 29:2 “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.”
Matthew 5:13-14 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. 14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
Isaiah 60:18 “Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within our borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.”
Psalm 121:4 “Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”
Psalm 122:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you.”
1. Thank God for establishing the Church in the community.
2. Pray that God would give wisdom to those in authority and establish righteousness in their hearts to seek the common good of the people.
3. Pray that God by His Spirit would comfort, heal and be merciful to all who are in sorrow, need, sickness, or any other trouble.
4. Pray that the gospel will flow freely into the hearts of the people. Pray against all forms of violence, burglary, theft, gun and knife crimes in our community.
5. Pray that your church will continuously be a light to the people and help them in their faith journey.
6. Pray that the church will be an agent of change in the community by providing hope and restoration.
7. Pray that the church will be equipped to meet the basic needs of the local community.
8. Pray that the hearts of the youths of this City be illuminated with the light of the gospel.
9. Pray for the prevailing peace to continue in our City and local community.
10. Pray and bind all negative forces operating, influencing and oppressing the people in our City (2 Corinthians 10:4-6).
Day Ten: Wednesday 5th November: Arise and Shine!
Isaiah 60:1 “Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.”
Deuteronomy 28:13 “And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.”
Psalm 92:12 “The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.”
Romans 8:19 “For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.”
1. Thank God for His grace so far in this season of The Lord Reigns 2014.
2. Pray that God will empower you to Arise and Shine for His glory (Isaiah 60:1).
3. Pray that you will be empowered to stay away from anything or anybody that will take God’s place in your life.
4. Pray that every evil altar raised up against you be destroyed by His fire.
5. Command every evil curse issued against your life to be cancelled and nullified by the blood and name of Jesus (Rev. 12:11; Isaiah 7:7)
6. Pray that no force of the enemy shall be able to hinder the manifestation of the power of God in your life (Romans 8:19).
7. Pray against every faith destroyer in your life and ministry. Let miracles, signs, wonders, and deliverance abound in Jesus name (Mark 16:17).
Day Eleven: Thursday 6th November: Prayers for the Family
Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord builds the house, They labour in vain who build it; ….”
Psalm 84:11 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.”
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Job 1:10 “Have you not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side…”
Joshua 24:14-15 “… But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” —
Isaiah 54:13 “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.”
1. Pray for peace and harmony to abound in every home (Philippians 4:7)
2. Pray for the hand of God to rest upon the children, safe delivery for all pregnant women, fruit of the womb for the barren and holy marriage for singles (Psalm 84:11).
3. Declare the plans God has for you and your family, your kids to manifest (Jeremiah 29:11).
4. Pray that God will build a hedge of protection and a wall of fire around your household (Job 1:10).
5. Pray and believe for salvation for the whole family (Joshua 24:14-15).
6. Pray that every stronghold of the enemy of your children be broken and say no to the devil’s destructive plots (Isaiah 54:13).
7. Pray for marriages to be a true reflection of Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:21-23).
8. Command the blessing of the Lord upon your family (Numbers 6:24-26).
8,371 total views, 0 views today