Thursday 24th Oct. 2013 – Prayers for Our City, UK and those in Authority
(1 Tim. 2:1-2; Prov. 29:2; Psalm 121:4; Psalm 122:6; Psalm 127:1; Prov. 22:28; Hab. 2:14)
1 Tim. 2:1-2 “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”
Prov. 29:2 “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
Psalm 121:4 “Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”
Psalm 122:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.”
Psalm 127:1 “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
Prov. 22:28 “Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.”
- Thank God for the prevailing peace in our city and the nation. Declare that this peace be sustained in Jesus’ name.
- Pray for the UK, The Queen, Prime Minister/Head of Government, the cabinet of ministers, the MPs, The Mayor of our City and all executives and legislators at all levels of government (Prov. 29:2).
- Pray for peace and righteousness to prevail. Declare that, The Lord will establish righteousness in the hearts of our leaders.
- Pray that God will defend our leaders. Declare that, God will grant them wisdom to lead in line with the will of God.
- Pray for the peace of the nation and city that God will protect and prosper her (Psalm 121:4; Psalm 122:6)
- Pray that the glory of the Lord will fill our City/Nation as the waters cover the sea (Hab. 2:14)
- Pray for a spiritual revival to sweep across our city and the entire nation. (Hab. 3:2; Prov. 22:28)
- Pray that the hearts of the youths of our city/nation be illuminated with the light of the gospel.
- Pray that the plans of all wicked leaders be frustrated in Jesus’ name.
- Pray that God will give boldness to the righteous to resist the devil and his anti-Christ agents and paralyse all their ungodly schemes (James 4:7)
- Resist all forms of oppressive spirits influencing the people in our city and nation in Jesus’ name.
- Declare the blessing and the favour of God upon the land and the people.
1,393 total views, 0 views today