MEMORY VERSE: Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High: Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help. Psalm 107:11-12
BIBLE PASSAGE: Psalm 107:10-14
INTRODUCTION: To rebel is to go in opposite direction of what was commanded. It also means using one’s power of influence in a negative direction.
WHO IS A REBEL?
A rebel is someone who has drawn the battle line between himself and the one under whose government he is – Num.16:11-14. A rebel revolts against his boss and God’s government so that he can become his own boss – Num.16:1-3. A rebel wants to be like the Most High – Is.14:14. A rebel resists being under God’s authority and that of his boss – Is.14:13.
DANGERS OF REBELLION
1. It locates the rebel in darkness. Every believer dwells in the light of Jesus Christ. However, the moment you team up with people to rebel against the authority of the Church, your Pastor or leader, you move from light into darkness.
2. Rebellion makes the rebel a candidate of death. If anyone rebels against God or His bona fide servant, that fellow could be destroyed when the life of the righteous is targeted – Num.16:25-33; Num.16:42-49.
3. Rebellion ties the rebel with iron chains under serious affliction. If you feel tied to the same spot and you have prayed and fasted for long without respite, examine yourself. It could be that Heaven identifies you as a rebel. Some are deceived into believing that it is when they become rebels that they will be notable or outstanding. No, they will only be outstanding in afflictions and bondages – Num.12:1-10; Num.16:42-49.
4. Rebellion causes the helpers of rebels to turn their backs on them – Num.16:1-6, 29.
5. Rebellion leads to falling – Is.14:12-14.
What makes you outstanding on earth also makes you outstanding in Heaven or Hell, depending on whether it is good or bad. If rebellion makes you outstanding on earth, you will be noted in the lake of fire. In what ways are you rebelling against God and His servant in your family or in your place of work? Go and settle such issues now.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye
925 total views, 1 views today