RCCG 40 Day Fast – Friday 2nd January – 10th Februay 2015
21 Day Daniel Fast – Monday January 5th – Sunday January 25th 2015
God laid it on the heart of the Pastor of Chapel of Grace to begin a church corporate 21 Day Daniel Fast starting on the 5th of January.
During the New Year’s Eve service, the General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye declared a 40 day fast to start January 2nd 2015.
The Chapel of Grace 21 Day Daniel fast will therefore be incorporated into the 40 Day RCCG Fast.
See below for Prayer points
The reason for the Daniel fast is to have a time of consecration at the beginning of the year.What is a Daniel Fast?
A 21-day partial fast based upon Daniel’s own experiences as recorded in the Bible. The purpose is to restrict commonly enjoyed foods as an act of worship and consecration to God. Someone who chooses to undergo a Daniel Fast demonstrates a physical commitment that reflects a deep spiritual desire for a more intimate relationship with the Lord.
On one occasion, Daniel was greatly concerned for his people and sought the Lord’s wisdom during a 3-week time of prayer and fasting. Daniel 10:2-3 says, “At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips.” The meaning of “choice food” is not clear; however, most commentaries conclude that he ate no bread or sweets. The Message translation sums up Daniel’s eating habits during that time: “I ate only plain and simple food.”
The intention of today’s Daniel Fast is not to duplicate exactly what Daniel did but the spirit in which he did it. Daniel’s passion for the Lord caused him to hunger and thirst for spiritual food rather than physical food, which should be the desire for anyone doing the Daniel Fast.
“So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting.” – Daniel 9:3
Foods to Eat:
- All fruit – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
- All vegetables – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned (This includes potato, yam, plantain etc.)
- All whole grains – amaranth, barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, millet, and whole wheat.
- All nuts & seeds – almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Nut butters are also included.
- All legumes – canned or dried; black beans, black eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, and split peas.
- All quality oils – canola, coconut, grapeseed, olive, peanut, and sesame.
- Beverages – distilled water, filtered water, and spring water.
- Other – herbs, spices, salt, pepper, seasonings, soy products, and tofu.
Foods to Avoid on the Daniel Fast:
- All meat & animal products – beef, chicken, fish, lamb, and pork.
- All dairy products – butter, cheese, cream, eggs, and milk.
- All sweeteners – agave nectar, artificial sweeteners, cane juice, honey, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, stevia, and sugar.
- All leavened bread & yeast – baked goods and Ezekiel bread (contains yeast and honey).
- All refined & processed food products – artificial flavorings, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, white flour, and white rice.
- All deep-fried foods – corn chips, French fries, and potato chips.
- All solid fats – lard, margarine, and shortening.
- Beverages – alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea, and tea.
Culled from: http://www.ultimatedanielfast.com
You could also visit http://www.daniel-fast.com/myrecipes/
It is very important that prayer takes place alongside the fasting otherwise the purpose for the fast is not achieved.
1. Thank you Lord for all You have done in our lives, in our homes, in His Church, in our nation Nigeria. 1 Chron 16: 8-9
2. Thank you Lord for all Your provisions to us as individuals, as families and as a church. Deut 8:10
3. Thank you Lord for our salvation and for our heavenly inheritance. Col 1:12
4. Thank you Lord for forgiving us our sins Ps 103: 3
5. Thank you Lord for divine health enjoyed throughout 2014. Ex 15: 26
6. Thank you Lord for delivering us from all forms of destruction in 2014. Psm 103: 4
7. Thank you Lord for all the good things you have satisfied me with in 2014. Ps 103: 5
8. Thank you Lord for not allowing us to be preys to our enemies. Ps 124: 6
9. Thank you Lord for causing us to escape all the traps the enemy set for us in 2014. Psm 124: 7
10. Thank you Lord for fighting all my battles for me in 2014. Ex 14: 14
INDIVIDUALS FOR 2015
1. Father God, please make this year a year of rest for me and my family in Jesus name. 1Kings 5: 4, 2 Chron 14: 7
2. O Lord, in your mercy, release me from every judgement that I deserve in Jesus name. Ps 25: 7, Ps 94: 18; Ps 145: 8
3. O Lord, in this year of release, please set me and my family free from every form of bondage -‐ spiritual, physical, financial and emotional in Jesus name. Ex 2: 23,- 25; Ex 20: 2; Is 1-: 27
4. Father God, please cancel all my debts supernaturally and let there be a transfer of the wealth of the heathen and the unrighteous into my storehouses in Jesus name. Deut 28: 12; Zech 14: 14; Is 61: 6-7
5. O Lord, let there be a restoration of all the assets -‐ land, property, investments, deposits that I have lost to creditors and fraudsters in Jesus name. 2 Kings 8:5-6; Joel 2: 25-26
6. Father God, let there be peace, unity, love and reconciliation in my family in the mighty name of Jesus. Ps 133:1-3; Gen 11:6
7. ather, make this year a year of divine scholarship for me. Cause me to
reap and to benefit from where I have not sowed or laboured in Jesus name. Deut 6:10-11
8. O Lord, please protect me from every destruction and calamity reserved for the disobedient this year in Jesus name. . Job 31: 3; Ps 55:23
9. O Lord, please annul and set me free from every agreement or contract designed to short change me or frustrate me in Jesus name. Gen 31: 7-9
10. Every prison door and every ancient gate between me and my breakthrough, be lifted up in Jesus name. . Ps 24: 7
TO THE CHURCH
1. O Lord, establish the Tabernacle of David as a place of true worship; bring
men and women from all the nations of the earth to worship you and to hear and obey your Word . . Is 2: 2-3
2. Lord send us revival and let it start with me. Ps 51: 12-13
3. O Lord, bring back to life everything in us that is dead. Ps 85: 6, Ezek 37: 9-10
4. Lord, let there be a fresh outpouring of your Spirit upon us in TODAY. Is 32: 15
5. O Lord, give us a fresh hunger for YOU. Ps 42: 1-2
6. Lord, cause us to increase numerically and spiritually; let us have a greater impact in our surrounding communities. Ex 1: 7
7. O Lord, let your signs and wonders be wrought continually in our midst and in all our house fellowships. Is 8:18
8. O Lord, please deliver all our members from every form of STAGNANCY; increase us on every side and cause us to move forward. Gen 26: 12-13
9. O Lord, let signs, wonders, healings and uncommon miracles be our portion throughout 2015 and beyond. Acts 5:12
10. O Lord, let there be accelerated promotion for all our career brethren and flourishing businesses for all our businessmen and businesswomen. Ps 75:
6; Ex 12: 36; Ps 35:27
1. Oh Lord, grant the RCCG Leadership (the General Overseer, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the Governing Council, the Elders, the Provincial Pastors/Asst.Provincial Pastors/Pastors) wisdom and deep revelation in the knowledge of Him. Eph 1: 17-19; Phil 1:9-11
2. O Lord, please be a wall of fire around the RCCG Leadership and safeguard them against all forms of satanic attack. Lk 22:31; Zech 2:5
3. O Lord, we take authority against everything that the enemy would want to use to threaten the UNITY of RCCG. Ps 133:1-3
4. O Lord, in RCCG, give us pastors that will shepherd the flock with INTEGRITY of heart. Ps 78: 72
5. Father, let your FRESH ANOINTING be upon all our Pastors. Ps 23: 5b; Ps 92: 10
6. O Lord, we ask for WISDOM and UNDERSTANDING in the lives of all our
parish/area/provincial pastors to lead the flock aright. Col 1: 9-11
7. O Lord, let there be the full operation of the revelational,vocal, and power gifts in the lives of all RCCG ministers. 1 Corin 12:6-10
8. O Lord, manifest your power and glory in all Holy Ghost Services, Conventions, Congress, Shiloh and Divine Encounter Programmes this year 2015. 2 Chron 5: 14; Acts 16:26
9. O Lord, let there be great expansion of your Kingdom through the parishes both in Nigeria and all nations of the earth. Mark 1: 28
10. O Lord, let nothing bring your Name or the name of RCCG into disrepute. Matt 5:13, Rom. 2: 25
3,047 total views, 0 views today